Monday, June 27, 2011

Crosspost: How to Be a College Radio Sensation

My buddy Andy Bonney guest-DJ'd (more like guest-starred) on my radio show FOR THE DEAD last thursday night and wrote a funny article about it. Here's a bit:

Since I'm such a cool guy, I wanted to help you, my readers, worm your way onto somebody's specialty metal radio show the way that I did. It's fun, and if you want to beam your inane opinions to people on the radio, here's a step-by-step breakdown of how to do it.

Step 1: Make friends with somebody who has a radio show. This can be difficult, because relatively few people have radio shows, but it's not impossible. Try handing out pork rinds; Will loves pork rinds, and when I give him pork rinds, he becomes very docile and agreeable. It's like Inception; you have to make him believe that it's HIS idea that you go on his radio show, even though you've been fantasizing about being the next great radio sensation for years.


Read more at his blog

As he mentions in the post, he and I will be doing a regular podcast soon. More details soon, probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment