Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crustcake year-end stuff

At Crustcake, we devoted this week to all our year-end lists because in this month, most entertainment news outlets are publishing their year-end lists. Since Crustcake is a metal website, we obviously focused on metal albums and songs. The list of songs was my baby - I organized how we were going to do the list and added everything up.

Here's the list of the top 25 metal songs of the year.

My personal list looks very different, but so does everybody else's. I won't argue that those songs aren't good though.

A more personal list is my own top ten (metal, but pretty much overall) albums of the year, which you can see here.

It's pretty revealing of my tastes - I don't think there's any album in there that you could classify as representative of any one particular genre. I'm happy with the end result though.

Was this a good year for metal, or extreme music as a whole? Maybe the answer to that question doesn't lie in the quality of the releases but in the strength of local scenes around the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment